Sunday, June 15, 2008

My One and Only

You know I'm not one for husband gushing but my one and only let me sleep in this morning (taking the fussy baby downstairs at 6 a.m.) then brought me coffee in bed at 8:30 (that's like 11 am to people who don't have kids) on FATHER'S DAY. God bless him. A poem about Pete:

Pete's our hero.

He's strong and gentle.

He fights for us tooth and nail to provide and protect.

When he returns from work every evening, it's like the sun has come up.

We love him. We love him. We love him.

Happy Father's Day, Pete.

Here's to more babies and to more Father's Days where I hope your only presents will be more than kisses and sand toys.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Husband gushing makes me sick.

(But I love this post. And that picture is the sweetest.)

tiffani said...

GUSHER!