Monday, May 3, 2010

King Henry


Henry the Brave


I'd gladly slay a fire-breathing dragon,
Crawl bare-kneed across Antarctica's shores,
Swim though mud motes the size of Wisconsin

To behold you,
if only for a breath

King Henry, to you I bow

Honored

Honored

Honored

to be your Mom

***

Announcing: Henry Joseph Johnson
Born: April 9, 2010
6 lbs 4 ounces

"Henry" (Germanic) means "Ruler of the House" and is the name most frequently used by kings in recorded history. "Joseph" is Hebrew and means "God will increase." We chose Henry simply because we like the sound of it and for its meaning; Joseph in honor of St. Joseph.

Thanks to all who prayed & helped out during Henry's stint in the NICU. He's doing very well and is finally home.

Our joy is now complete.

* * *

Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. --Isaiah 12:2




1 comment:

Art Teacher said...

This is good news! 4 boys and each one is sweeter than the next...at least in pictures! I've checked back frequently over the last few months hoping to find that you had updated. What a great surprise this morning, to find that you had. Your new little Henry is so precious...thanks for sharing your family's newest member...he certainly brightened my dreary Tuesday morning!