Sunday, May 11, 2008

One Heck of a Lady


Stephanie Melber is one heck of a lady. Let me tell you, this birthday girl is a friend no woman should be without -- especially me.

So let me take a moment to salute this can-do-kinda-gal who holds out laughter, friendship and kindness in a world that can be so indifferent and cold.

Steph, you are the flowers. You are the happy, breezy, kids on a trampoline kind of day. You bring lightness and laughter to my life and my family.

You're also strong. You handle trials large and small with steel magnolia resolve. I could gush. I really could. I could give anecdote upon anecdote about this time or that when you saved the day by babysitting one kid while I took the other to the ER or gave a listening ear and perfect advice on husband frustration or managing a house full of babies, but blog posts are meant to be short and I really wouldn't know where to begin.

So I'll let King Solomon's words sum me up:
"Strength and dignity are her clothing. She can laugh at the days to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. ... Charm is deceitful, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." -- and you are, Steph. Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

oh yeah-- and Happy Mother's Day as well!